Cameron Highlands is the go-to holiday destination for many Malaysians.
It’s cooling weather, fresh air and tapestry of green trees are refreshing, relaxing and fun for the whole family. Here are some tips to make your trip up an memorable one
1. An overnight or weekend getaway
- Cameron Highlands is a weekend getaway ideal for time away from the city. From delicious food to unbelievable sights, spending your weekend or one night will let you experience most of what this mountain has to offer.
2. Head up in the morning
- Leaving before dawn is probably the best time to head up to Cameron Highlands. Leaving later in the day will likely see you stuck in the highway crawl and you would have missed the fresh produce at the stores. Trust us, heading up early is the way to go.
3. Avoid travelling at night
- Have a look at the weather app before making the trip up or down the mountain for a safer trip.
4. Plan your route
- We advise to first hit the morning markets for produce, flowers and local delights. Around 9.30am or 10am would be perfect for a visit to our world renowned Sungei Palas Tea Centre, for some tantalising tea, delicious scones, and mesmerising views of the tea fields. Afternoon lunch at the many cafés and restaurants in Tanah Rata or Brinchang. After a short break in the evening, head out around 6pm for some delicious steamboat and then for a short walk in the night market before calling it a night.
If you are planning to visit the BOH Sungei Palas and BOH Tea Centres, we are glad to share that we are welcoming back guests who are fully vaccinated. You will need to check-in using the MySejahtera app and check your temperature before you enter the premises. There will also be physical distancing measures in place. We are open from Tuesdays to Sundays, 8.30am to 4.30pm and on select public holidays. We hope to see you soon and look forward to serving you a warm cup of tea.Visit Our Tea Gardens